Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A girl and her cat from Colorado Springs

Well, hello from the lobby of the Days Inn/Super 8 in southern Colorado Springs. Jonesy and I finally hit the road yesterday morning. I left Rapid City after a series of last minute "oh shits!" around 8am and was more than ready. I was worried that Jonesy would freak out in the car, which she did for the first hour or so. She happens to be a bit snug in her cat carrier, because she is fat(!), so at Lusk, Wyoming I let her out to stretch her legs and wander around outside. I had to laugh at myself, letting my fat cat out along the side of the road like a dog, while she rolled around in the grass and I ate an apple.  When she was done, she hopped back up into the passenger seat, yawned, and looked at me as if to say "well, what are you waiting for?" So, she spent the rest of the trip outside of the carrier, looking out the window, actually using the litter box while I drove, and was just an amazing travel companion. I hit Denver around 5p.m., just in time for rush hour, so rather than stopping I just kept going. We arrived in Colorado Springs at 7:30 p.m.

Travel tip: In Colorado Spring, on South Circle Drive there is the BIGGEST Goodwill I have ever seen in my life. Not only that, but everything they had was up to date, nice, and designer. For less than 13 dollars I was able to score two skirts, a shirt, and a jacket. All that will be part of my Amy Pond inspired outfits.

I will be hiking Pike Peak this morning and then hitting the asphalt again to Santa Fe. From there it will an off the hip sort of trip. Nothing planned, nothing in the works. Just a girl, her cat, and the open road.

Sunset with the Rockies from a distance

No comments:

Post a Comment