Sunday, August 14, 2011

To jump over the edge

So I have lost access to my today-she blog, which is probably just fine being that I have been neglecting it for the past few weeks, along with so many other things in my life. So, I have jumped ship and began the endeavour that will be Intrepidity. It seems as if this is the blog I should have been writing during those years that I was traveling, jumping from project to project as an archaeologist and shovel bum. But ah, adventure is not only found along open roads and on the top of mountains, it is also found in the ridiculous and rash and spontaneous things that we choose to do at any given time. One of my least admirable qualities, although arguable, is that I get bored. I get bored and anxious and I take my mantras a bit too seriously.

I quit my very good job with the intention of following that ever illusive happiness and in turn have found myself in a very different state of living here in the ever lovely state of South Dakota.

But I am happy, and there are adventures to be had that my career has kept me from for the five years. I am exploring everyday with a different set of eyes, as Sarah the girl, not Sarah the archaeologist. And it is exciting.

"It is the intrepidity of those who take the chance and jump that makes others even dare to look over the edge"

No comments:

Post a Comment